Your e-mail address is never rented, traded or sold… period.
We will only collect personal information with your permission.
- Newsletter: If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as first name and email address. All newsletter or promotional materials will include clear instructions for “opting out”. All such requests will be honored.
- Live Training: When people sign up for a seminar or live training, further contact information may be needed (such as address, phone number, credit card number). This information will not be shared with other organizations and will only be used for the purposes of the seminar – communicating information about the training, mailing certificates, billing and other seminar related activities.
- Order Forms: We request information from the user on our product and seminar order forms. Here a user must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. We may use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We may, from time to time, offer informational articles and tips as well as products or services to help people learn hypnosis. Clear instructions for removal from any future offers will be provided and all removal requests will be honored.
Chargebacks: Fraud is a big problem for Internet merchants. Many times fraud takes the form of a chargeback. A chargeback is when a credit card holder contests a charge that appears on their credit card statement. A chargeback is not a refund. Sometimes, criminals order a product and then claim to have not received it.
While we give refunds promptly and courteously. Should you initiate chargeback proceedings however, we proceed in a different manner.
- We may report your name, address and credit card number as having been used in a fraudulent transaction to our local law enforcement agency as well as law enforcement agencies in the area to which the package was shipped.
- We may share your information with other Internet merchants and databases that keep track of people and credit card numbers that have been used in a fraudulent transaction.
Our actions with regard to chargebacks may result in your not being able to use your credit card, a lower credit score, being unable to purchase items from other Internet or brick and mortar merchants and criminal charges.
If you have had your credit card (or credit card numbers) stolen and they have been used without your permission, these actions will help protect you. If you have simply decided you don’t want to pay for something you’ve ordered, you will create a tremendous amount of trouble for yourself by starting chargeback proceedings.
We use Log Files and IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Referral Program: We may ask a user to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site. In this process we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. We store this information briefly for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The friend will be informed that no further emails will be sent and no records kept of the contact information unless the friend actively responds to the offer.
Security: This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, the information is protected both online and off-line. Currently, all payments for Advancing Ideas LLC are being handled by an outside credit card processing company. A link providing detailed security information is provided on each order/registration form. Advancing Ideas LLC will only use third party credit card processors who use SSL – the best encryption software in the industry. You will know you’re on an SSL protected page when the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just ‘surfing’.
While our credit card processor uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure office, with no public access.
Fulfillment: We may use a fulfillment house/shipping service to ship out orders of our tangible goods. In this case, we will forward your contact information to the fulfillment house so they can ship to you. We only use services that keep your information confidential. No credit card data will be sent to them.
If you have any questions about our security, you can use the contact link at the bottom of any page.
Advancing Ideas LLC is the sole owner of information collected at this web site.
Corrections: If a person wishes to correct contact or other information collected by Advancing Ideas LLC, they may simply send an email via any contact form.